Friday, January 30, 2009

Songs I Will Never Get Tired Of v.I

Shadowboxin' - GZA ft. Method Man

It's only right that I start off this series of posts with a Wu banger. This is my favorite cut off of GZA's "Liquid Swords" hands down. Everything about this track is perfection. Silly Kung Fu movie samples, grimy RZA-style beats with a little bit of tasteful scratching thrown in here and there, GZA coming correct as always, and Meth killing the track like he has never killed a track before. I seriously think the verses Meth lays down in this song are his best ever. Perfectly on beat,  swagger x million + another million, even his bantering over the samples during the "chorus" oozes swagger. 

I think Meth sends out the perfect message to every rapper right before GZA's verse:
"Because your naps ain't nappy enough
And your reefs ain't rugged enough
Bitch"
There it is, no one will ever match the Wu's grimy, rugged, straight NY gutter style. EVER.

For your consideration:


0 comments: