Friday, February 6, 2009

Songs I'll Never Get Tired Of v.II


Dilated Peoples - Worst Comes to Worst


I'll say right off the bat that I don't think Dilated is that great. I've listened to "The Platform" and "Expansion Team" and aside from a few songs here and there, they are boring as hell to listen to. Evidence and Rakaa can spit decent but I feel like Babu lays down some pretty monotone tracks for the most part.  

I guess it's no coincidence that this track is produced by The Alchemist.  This is one of my favorite all-time beats. Babu does his contribution by cutting in the Mobb Deep "Survival of the Fittest" sample in between verses and playing with the fader as if he's touching turntables for the first time. Rakaa and Evidence also do a decent, but not stellar, job on the track (with the scale tipping in Rakaa's favor). GURU is featured on this track too, but he lays down an absolute piece of crap on the beat. Awful. It's like he can't rhyme properly without Primo.  In spite of GURU's misstep, the beat takes care of everything here, with William Bell samples ushering in the end of the track.

I've listened to this song 1000 times, and I'll listened to it 1000+ more.

Note: Can you spot Lamar Odom in the video?



0 comments: