151 Proof Nostalgia
People say the darnedest things when they are drunk. A generic, cliché, but valid claim.
However there is one thing I noticed (and recently reaffirmed) was that something you always hear at whatever kind of soirée you attend. For demonstration purposes, take a look at the following:
Jill: Oh my God Claire, we have known each other for so long. We went to elementary together, we had our first experience of the menstrual cycle together, and we're going to have hot flashes together. I love you so much!
Claire: I know! Hey everyone! I have known Jill forever!
So from this (somewhat hypothetical) case, we can see that alcohol provides as a means to reaffirm the history of our relationships. A higher BAC level turns that kid that you barely talked to in middle school to the one you "omG KNEW foReVA 637!" Now alcohol messes with your judgment and it's only understandable that we might trip over how close we were with people after a few rounds of shotgunning. I just find it funny that given the wide range of things people can say when they're intoxicated, they always seem to turn to how long they've known someone. Especially girls. Damn females.
Just kidding, cheers to you!

0 comments:
Post a Comment